Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Reality and Imagination

   Many people would think witches and wizards are cool imaginary people but if anyone reads Harry Potter And The Chamber Of Secrets by J. K. Rowling, people will wish that wizards and other mythical creatures were real. The author creates an awesome world filled with things kids love and want in the real world. I read the whole series but I just can't get enough of Harry Potter's world.
   Basically this book is about a boy named Harry who thought he was a normal boy but later turned out to be a famous wizard who survived from an attack from an evil wizard named Voldemort (first book of the series). Now Harry is back in Hogwarts from summer vacation and trying once again to fit in and be a normal wizard. Nothing is actually happening in the book right now so this is making me very eager about what might happen later on. I think this is one of the things that Rowling does to make the reader on edge although nothing is really happening.
   Like Harry, sometimes I fell like no one understands me and I ask myself do I even have real friends to count on when I need them? No one understands how painful life is for me, not my friends or even my family members! Sometimes I feel all alone in this big world without anyone to guide me and tell me whats right or wrong. I face a lot of obstacles like Harry but Harry faces them bravely where I try to avoid them. I feel like my greatest fear in life is that I might get caught in an obstacle so hard that i might not be capable of continuing with my normal life. I feel a small hardship will ruin my entire life leaving me with nothing but a little hope. I live for hope because my entire life depends on it whether I like it or not. It's not like its a bad thing but since it is all I have when I am never sure of anything, it gets annoying to think that a little bit of hope is all I have to lead me in life.
    I love this book because everything about the world that the author creates gets me all excited and lets me fully get lost in the world in the book.
   I face a lot of family problems, some which are just too much to take in. Sometimes I feel like this world is too plain and dull and that's one of the times when I wish I had a real wand which by just a wave will take me away from this world and to a quiet place where I can sort out my thoughts. But lucky me, I have something else to take me away from reality and into my kind of world where imagination blossoms like a flower with a bit of water or in this case, magic: books.

4 comments:

  1. Anisha,

    Don't you just love how the Harry Potter series can transport it's readers to a magical world full of imagination?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ms. Robbins.
    Ms. Frondoza, you are so right!!! I love the whole series and J. K. Rowling's style of writing. She has a superb imagination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like how you find a wway to relate yourself to harry

    ReplyDelete